KBH provides Adult Outreach services to homeless adults in Kennebec, Somerset and Knox counties and provides access to outreach services in Waldo and Lincoln counties. These services are supported by Maine DHHS, through a State of Maine PATH grant. PATH is an acronym for Projects for Assistance in Transition from Homelessness.
Caseworkers will work from KBH clinic locations as well as in the field to deliver services and supports to those adults frequenting in shelters, hotels, soup kitchens and other community centers as well as those living on the streets, in abandoned buildings and in cars, tents and other locations. Services provided include:
- Outreach and engagement in community settings such as emergency shelters, hospitals, soup kitchens, libraries and other places not meant for habitation;
- Assessment for mental health, substance abuse and co-occurring disorders to offer linkages and referrals;
- Case management services for those with no payor source for traditional supports;
- Housing services including: planning of housing; technical assistance in applying for housing assistance; improving the coordination of housing services and costs;
- Linkage and referral to mainstream resources, employment services and supports, medical resources and housing resources .