When nurses are recognized as heroes, most will say that they didn’t do anything special; that they were just doing their jobs, but being a psychiatric nurse isn’t easy, nor is it simple to take off your “work hat” at the end of the day and place it on a shelf. Swing shifts are hard; night shifts are brutal and sometimes you wonder how you’re still putting one foot in front of the other…and yet you do it.
Perhaps it’s time for a change…
Kennebec Behavioral Health sees you. We acknowledge the hero work that you do every day and invite you to become a part of a team that has been providing care to Maine families for 60 years. Why KBH?
- You will only work an 8-5 schedule, – no nights, weekends, or on-call! Imagine the possibilities!
- You will be working with an amazing team of nurses, providers, medical assistants, and central registration specialists whose dedication to KBH and the work that we do is humbling.
- KBH offers an excellent benefit package with three healthcare plans to choose from with no waiting period! Medical coverage starts on your first day of work.
- Employer paid short term disability, vision, long term disability, and group life insurance.
- Starting pay at $41.00 an hour!
- $10,000 Sign-on bonus!
- Productivity incentive bonuses!
- 4 weeks of vacation, 1 week of paid CME time off, 11 paid Holidays, 1 personal day, and 8 sick days per year!
- Tuition reimbursement – KBH is an eligible employer for the Public Service Loan Forgiveness (PSLF) that provides workers with qualifying employment and loan payments federal student debt forgiveness after 10 years or 120 monthly payments.
- Wellness program!
Position requirements: RN’s who meet criteria to sit for the ANCC certification board are encouraged to apply (Per the American Nurses Credentialing Center, the requirements for the psychiatric-mental health nursing RN-BC credential include a RN license, 2 years of practice as a full-time RN, and 2,000 hours of clinical practice in a psychiatric-mental health nursing within the past 3 years).
Change can be difficult, but sometimes it’s exactly what you need. We therefore invite you to discover Kennebec Behavioral Health. Welcome to the team.
To apply for this job please visit referrals.kbhmaine.org.