Looking Ahead Clubhouse in Lewiston is expanding our team! Are you interested in helping people take back their lives through education and meaningful work? If you are then the Unit Coordinator position at Looking Ahead Clubhouse is the job for you!
The Clubhouse is an international, evidenced-based model of recovery from mental illness.
Central to the Clubhouse Unit Coordinator role is engaging members in all aspects of the Clubhouse operations. This engagement is performed by helping members to experience a sense of belonging and being needed, wanted and respected in our Clubhouse community with the focus not on the members’ diagnosis but on the members strengths, talents, abilities and interests. Clubhouse Unit Coordinators will offer positive, supportive relationships that help promote hope, choice, wellness and recovery for members as Clubhouse colleagues rather than clients or consumers.
- Facilitate assigned tasks and projects in a timely manner, maximizing members’ skills, talents, engagement, and leadership.
- Plan and coordinate work to meet the needs of the Clubhouse and its Members.
- Complete paperwork as assigned, meeting all deadlines.
- Participate in the Clubhouse’s Transitional Employment Program (TE), paid jobs for Members in the community. Manage TE placements by learning the job; developing work relationships; choosing, training and supporting members on the job; and as a clubhouse work-priority, providing TE job coverage whenever necessary.
- Facilitate Supported, Independent and Educational opportunities for members in the community, as needed.
- Participate in Clubhouse social and community events as needed.
- Assist Members to develop and assess personal, employment, housing, and social goals and objectives.
- Provide education and support the use of community resources that promote well-being, self-determination, independence, satisfaction, self- sufficiency, and foster self-advocacy, including areas such as Financial Benefits, Community Support Services, Career Development, Mental and Physical Health, Job, Family, and Friends.
- Make presentations, and support member participation in presenting to the Clubhouse Community and International Seminars and Conferences.
- Provide training and support to new members, staff, interns, volunteers, and clubhouse colleagues as necessary.
- Ability to listen, problem solve, and multi-task effectively.
- Ability to work with a sense of urgency and excitement about the work of the Clubhouse.
- Ability to communicate effectively, verbally and in writing.
- Ability to adhere to Clubhouse philosophy and applicable federal, state, county, and local guidelines in carrying out job duties.
- Ability to perform work “side-by-side” with members, creating an atmosphere and general policy in which work, leadership, and power are given to members whenever possible, with the necessary support to enjoy and succeed.
- Ability to encourage members to interact with and mentor other members, staff, and Clubhouse colleagues.
- Result-oriented, responsible, organized, flexible, and a self-starter.
- Kind, cheerful, outgoing, considerate, patient, tactful, and good judgment.
- Diverse computer competencies or willingness to learn.
Requirements: MHRT/C Required, however, MHRT/C Provisional will be considered. An Associates or Bachelor’s Degree preferred but not required, related experience will be considered. Employment Specialist Certification a plus, but will provide training.
Benefits: KBH is an eligible employer for the Public Service Loan Forgiveness (PSLF) that provides workers with qualifying employment and loan payments federal student debt forgiveness after 10 years or 120 monthly payments. KBH also offers:
- HEALTH, DENTAL, VISION, AND LIFE INSURANCE
- $2,500 SIGN-ON BONUS
- 403(B) WITH EMPLOYER MATCH
- SUPPORTIVE WORKING ENVIRONMENT
- 58.5 CENTS PER MILE TRAVEL REIMBURSEMENT
- $30 PER MONTH GYM REIMBURSEMENT
- 20 DAYS VACATION
- 11 HOLIDAYS
- 8 SICK DAYS
- CONTINUING EDUCATION OPPORTUNITIES
To apply for this job please visit referrals.kbhmaine.org.