Do you believe your passion is helping adults with mental illness live and work in the community with dignity? Are you flexible and open to experiencing new challenges on a daily basis? Are you able to maintain a friendly and positive attitude?
If that describes you, Kennebec Behavioral Health, a 2022 and 2023 Best Places to Work in Maine, wants you! Central to the Clubhouse, the Unit Coordinator/Employment Specialist is a role is engaging members in all aspects of the Clubhouse operations. As a Clubhouse Unit Coordinator/Employment Specialist, you will be working with members, in a team setting, to develop and coordinate the daily activities of the Clubhouse. Staff will offer a positive and supportive relationship that helps to build self-esteem and encourage working towards identified goals and outcomes of hope, personal growth and a higher quality of life for the member. Connection to this unique community leads to a life of achievement, fulfillment and personal growth.
What is a Clubhouse? A Clubhouse is more than a social service or employment service. We are a community of people with mental health difficulties working towards a common goal of recovery. Members of the Clubhouse possess valuable talents, strengths and abilities which, when combined, assist in making the Clubhouse come alive. The sense of membership, equality and belonging are at the heart of the Clubhouse model.
- Facilitate assigned tasks and projects in a timely manner, maximizing members’ skills, goals and engagement
- Attend outside meetings to give and improve community visibility
- Participate in the Transitional Employment Program (TE) which is paid jobs for members in the community
- Participate in Clubhouse social and community events as needed
- Assist members to become more independent in the community through employment, education, recreation and advocacy programs.
- Advocate and direct communication between members and service providers
Requirements: Associates or Bachelor’s degree preferred but not required. Related experience will be considered. Employment Specialist training is a plus but will provide training. MHRTC or provisional MHRTC is required. The requirements for a MHRTC provisional can be found using this link: https://cfl-muskie.org/education-2/
Benefits: KBH is an eligible employer for the Public Service Loan Forgiveness (PSLF) that provides workers with qualifying employment and loan payments federal student debt forgiveness after 10 years or 120 monthly payments. KBH also offers:
- HEALTH, DENTAL, VISION, AND LIFE INSURANCE
- 403(B) WITH EMPLOYER MATCH
- SUPPORTIVE WORKING ENVIRONMENT
- 65.5 CENTS PER MILE TRAVEL REIMBURSEMENT
- $30 PER MONTH GYM REIMBURSEMENT
- 20 DAYS VACATION
- 11 HOLIDAYS
- 8 SICK DAYS
- CONTINUING EDUCATION OPPORTUNITIES
To apply for this job please visit referrals.kbhmaine.org.