Behavioral Health Home Service
Behavioral Health Home Service (BHH) is a service for youth and adults experiencing a combination of mental health challenges as well as significant physical health issues, such as diabetes, heart disease and lung disease, and chronic conditions.
What is the goal of BHH?
- Help people served live longer;
- avoid Emergency Room or hospital visits;
- foster a sense of self-sufficiency, dignity and respect;
- and provide integrated care and a continuum of mental health, substance use disorder and primary care services as needed.
How is BHH different from Case Management Services?
- The service focuses on your whole wellness. It will help you reach your mental and physical health goals.
- You will be part of a team approach. You will be working with your case manager who will also work with a nurse, clinical team leader and a peer support specialist.
- Your team and your primary care provider will work together to help improve your health as part of this integrated service.
- BHH includes a consumer and family supports and education to provide you with information and support when you need it.
Visit maine.gov for more information about BHH.